CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 24, 2009

Guilty or not guilty????????


Do you ever have "one of those days".  Monday was "one of those days" for me.  I got a last minute call asking me to sub at the High School.  I didn't have very long to get ready and was rushed.  I usually park out front in "Visitor Parking".  That morning when I got there there were several cars already parked in visitor parking.  I pulled in by the end car.  I checked out the signs and figured out that I was kind of on the edge but figured I was parked OK.  

When I came out, I found this on my windshield.  I didn't remove it until I got home.  

When I unfolded the paper, this is what it was.  It was a parking ticket:(

The paper says "Improperly Standing/Parking Vehicle".


So, what do you think.  If you look at the picture of my parked car, this is the sign to the left.....

.......this is the sign to the right.  I was growling about the whole thing and kind of criticizing (to myself) the new Chief of Police who gave me the ticket, because, after all I was parked in "visitor parking".  But, after I cooled off, I realized I was kind of crossing the line (although there is no real line or no painted curb to indicate what is actually considered "No Parking Zone").  

The problem isn't that the ticket will probably cost me more than I earned for subbing for 1/2 day and that stinks, but I have to call and make an appointment to visit with the "judge"!  The "judge" is Jim Harris who lives a few blocks away from us, who is in our ward, who is the High Priest Group leader in our ward and the one who calls to get our home teaching report (I am Jed's home teaching partner).  The same Jim Harris who we see all the time, who I just bought hay from for the horses.  The same Jim Harris, who was the principal at the High School when most of our kids went there.  How embarrassing is that?  Although, I still think I have a somewhat legitimate case that I wasn't really illegally parked, I will do anything to avoid this embarrassing situation and ask to just pay the ticket without having to meet with the "judge". 

3 comments:

Kera said...

I side with you on this one. I think you're still in the visitor parking, and the ticket is just a power play. Sad!! I'm sorry you got hit with it!

Marilyn said...

NOT GUILTY, for sure! I'm sorry to say I'm laughing though, not at you of course but the whole situation is pretty good for a laugh, especially since you're embarrased to go see Judge Harris yet you posted the whole ordeal on your blog. Thanks for making my day!

Heats said...

How cute are you?? I will take your side, for sure. So will Judge Harris :) You could just mention that you bought hay from him but that might be on the side of bribing a judge and then what? jail time? Benita just hit a parked car and when talking to the girl she said it was her dad's car and she didn't care. B pleaded with her to take it in so the girl said if it's less than $50 then she would call, if it was more she doesn't care. B asked me "what is that?" I said, "A blessing!" ha ha.