CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I have been tagged!!!

I guess I have been tagged by Stacy.  I don't really understand how this "tag" thing works but I will give it a try.  


Insignificant six (Candice's)


Six insignificant things about me:

1. I like to mow the lawn.  And I don't mean with the riding mower.  I like to use the regular gas mower that you push (or at least follow) around the yard. There is something therapeutic for me about pushing the lawn mower around. I don't know if it is the fact that it feels like you are getting some exercise or the feeling of accomplishment as you see the freshly cut grass, but I like it if I have the time to do it.

2.  I love animals and I quite often get teased about it. I grew up with animals all around me.  We always had pets when I was growing up.  At different times we had dogs, we had cats, we raised lambs, we had chipmunks and ground squirrels that we had caught (and occasionally even a mouse or a lizard or snake).  We always had horses, sheep and cows.  I love the smell of horses.  We recently bought two horses (which was a crazy thing to do considering the cost of feeding them) but I love them and I love to hug them and bury my nose in their fur and smell them.  They have a very distinct, musky smell.

3. I have learned to love watching basketball, football and volleyball.  I like to watch sports live or on TV.  It can be professional, college or high school.   I haven't always enjoyed sports.  It has been something that Jed kind of taught me after we were married.  Now I am the one that keeps track of the upcoming games on TV, etc. 

4.  I get impatient with irresponsible people.  I try to be responsible myself, but sometimes I feel like I don't live up to my own standard as life is so busy.

5.  I am not picky about very many things but I am picky about the laundry detergent and softener that I use to do my laundry.  I insist on buying Tide and Downy.  It isn't so much the way they clean and soften as much as the way they smell.  I really dislike the smell of most other detergents and softeners.

6.  This isn't really insignificant, but I will mention it anyway because it is important.  The Gospel and my family are the most important things in my life.  I have a very special place in my heart for my family especially my own spouse, my kids & their spouses and grandkids but also including siblings, cousins, nieces, nephews, parents, etc., etc., etc.  I am hurt if anyone does anything to hurt any of them & I can't stand to have anyone think badly of me or of my family.

0 comments: