CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cats, geckos and snakes at Villas de Palermo

If  it's against the rules to have pets at Villas de Palermo, why do we have cats, geckos and a snake in our villa?


Well, it is easy to explain; Irlanda found these kittens in a dumpster and since she couldn't afford to buy milk for them, she asked Julie to take care of them.  And since Julie was busy a lot of today, she asked Camryn to take care of them for the day. Camryn was more than happy to feed them today from a bottle.



And about the snake: We were fixing dinner and all of a sudden the kids are freaking out and yelling "snake"!   Kristi and I ran into the family room and sure enough, there was a snake.  Kristi ran to the guard station.  I stayed and took pictures of the snake and I was looking around for something to put the snake in when I caught it (just so we could haul it away to turn loose somewhere far away from our villa).   It wasn't long until Kristi and 3 guards came running back in.  One of the guards had a big machete type knife in his hands. They all looked at the snake and said, "No malo", meaning it was harmless and then the guy with the machete proceeded to chop off the snake's head, smearing blood all over the floor.  I guess we had better keep the doors closed!  The big sliding door was open at the time!  We certainly don't want any more "cerpientes" coming into our villa!!


Yup, that's snake blood on the floor.  I tried to talk them out of killing it but they didn't listen to me.
Maybe they didn't understand what I said??

And we have multiple geckos that live here with us.  This bigger one is named "Paulo"

And there are lots of little ones that we see around.  When I woke up and looked up at the ceiling right above my bed, there were two of these cute little guys just hanging out right above my head.  I wasn't paying attention to them for awhile and when I looked back, there was only one.  It made me wonder where the other one had gone; maybe it was crawling around on my bed!!


0 comments: