CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 15, 2012

We attended church in Rivas



We drove to Rivas to attend church.  It was a pretty awesome experience.

 It was fast Sunday and so Sacrament meeting was testimony meeting.  Although I did not understand much of what was said, the spirit was strong and I found myself in tears many times.  I was touched when Elder Bringhurst blessed the sacrament in Spanish.  I was touched when Elder Mendez led the music.  I was touched when the members of the branch bore their testimonies.  I was touched when Elder Mendez and Elder Bringhurst bore their testimonies.  And I was especially touched when Logan bore his testimony in English and Kristi bore her testimony in Spanish. We were once again reminded of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the gospel in our lives. It was a good day!!!


One more little side note about the day:
In Relief Society we sang a song (in Spanish of course) out of the hymn book that Kristi and I could not put a name to.  We could come up with a few of the words throughout the song and knew that it talked about the Word of Wisdom but could not come up with the title until Kristi googled it.  The song was: In Our Lovely Deseret.  When I was reading blogs this morning, for some reason I looked back at the blog that I kept about Josh's mission and one of the posts was right after Josh's grandpa Halliday died.  We had asked Josh for memories of his grandpa that we might use in the funeral.  This is one of the things that he had written:  "I remember a few years ago when he was eating at our house on Sunday he passed some kind of vegetables and asked if I wanted some to which I obviously said no and that I just wanted meat, and he said, "well shame on you!" and then sang me the 2nd verse of "In Our Lovely Deseret". I didn't know that was a hymn till I got out here."



 Elder Mendez is from Guatemala and Elder Bringhurst is from Provo, UT. I have a soft spot in my heart for missionaries.

0 comments: